Substance Use Disorders: A Comprehensive Review and Update 2023
We invite you to join us at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for our annual Substance Use Disorder conference.
Attend this conference on substance use disorders to hear the latest research and find guidance that enhances your care for patients.
Substance use disorders are complex and have a huge impact on patients, families and communities They challenge even experienced health care professionals to stay current with evolving guidelines. And they are seen and treated across all professions, disciplines and practice settings. This includes primary care, psychiatry, social work, psychology, family practice, nursing and more.
That's why our agenda focuses on a broad update across the spectrum of substance use disorders. Sessions cover everything from neuroscience and developmental perspectives all the way through recovery-oriented systems of care. Our faculty share their experience as both clinical caregivers and research experts. They make time to answer questions and help you find solutions for complex conditions.
Super Early Bird Registration (on or before January 16, 2023): $795.00
Early Bird Registration (January 17-January 30, 2021): $895.00
Regular Registration (after January 30, 2023): $995.00
Other Professionals or Trainees
Super Early Bird Registration (on or before January 16, 2023): $695.00
Early Bird Registration (January 17-January 30, 2021): $795.00
Regular Registration (after January 30, 2023): $895.00
Sunday, February 19, 2023
Buprenorphine Waiver Training: $50
This is a ticketed event, NO CME CREDIT
***The deeply discounted Super Early Bird Registration rate is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE and will not be refunded under any circumstances.***
The conference syllabus is a printed book with all slide presentations and space to take notes adjacent to each slide.
Syllabus Book: $45
We provide all attendees with completely free access to all slide presentations in digital PDF format prior to the conference. This is an environmentally friendly alternative and helps keep costs lower for all attendees. The e-syllabus will be available for 30 days after the conference.
A refund minus a $100.00 administrative fee will be issued for refund requests received by January 30, 2023. Payments made may not be applied to future conferences or other educational activities. There are no exceptions to these policies.
Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update & Board Preparation, 4th Edition
Board certification and recertification exams are critical career moments. That is why you should rely on the Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update & Board Preparation, Fourth Edition. It puts our 80+ years of clinical experience at your fingertips to help you prepare for your exam.
This program is intended for:
- General and Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
Our conference lets you engage dozens of renowned clinician-researchers, get your clinical questions answered, and translate enhanced knowledge into optimal patient care.
Here are some of the ways that participants plan to change their clinical practice as a result of attending our conference:
- Describe the best practices for treatment of substance use disorders
- Discuss how to properly screen and diagnose substance use disorders
- List rational, evidence based pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies for patients with substance use disorders
- Assess relative utility and strengths of recovery oriented models of care
- Assess and treat patients with co-morbid substance use, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, ADHD, pain, and infectious diseases.
- Discuss how to manage complicated withdrawal
- Utilize motivational interviewing, CBT and contingency management techniques when working with patients suffering from substance use disorders
- Describe the effects of and interventions for marijuana and synthetics
- List the different approaches and challenges associated with opioid, alcohol and nicotine treatment
- Discuss the challenges associated with identification and management of substance use disorders in the emergency department
Check back soon for the program agenda.
Join us at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
for our annual Substance Use Disorder Conference
Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish Disney Resort hotel. Unwind outdoors, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch evening fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach’s golden era.
We are offering our valued attendees a special discounted room rate. Check back for booking details!
Check back soon for the CE Information.