Week 1 - Introduction to Behavioral Medicine (October 2021)
Participants should be able to understand the following key elements:
- Describe the biopsychosocial framework.
- Recognize human tendencies to dichotomize the mind and the body.
- Summarize differences between the biopsychosocial and biomedical models, and understand common barriers to implementing the biopsychosocial model.
- Describe the Cognitive Behavioral Model of health and illness.
- Explain how to implement the CBT model with a range of patients.
This program is intended for:
- Primary Care Providers
- Specialty Care Providers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Social Workers
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Nurses and Clinical Nurse Practitioners
- Other Allied Health Providers