Week 3 - Promoting Recovery and Preventing Chronic Illness after Injury (October 2021)
Participants should be able to understand the following key elements:
- Describe the biopsychosocial model and health anxiety framework that address the transition from acute to chronic illness.
- Describe cognitive skills to promote optimal physical and mental health recovery, including adaptive thinking and dialectics, and understand how to implement cognitive skills with a range of patients.
- Describe behavioral skills to promote gradual return to activity and physical recovery, and understand how to implement activity pacing with a range of patients.
- Discuss evidence-based time-limited programs for optimizing recovery.
This program is intended for:
- Primary Care Providers
- Specialty Care Providers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Social Workers
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Nurses and Clinical Nurse Practitioners
- Other Allied Health Providers