September 29, 2022: The 9th Michael S. Jellinek, M.D., Lecture in Child Psychiatry
ADHD Across the Lifecycle: A Personal Journey to Discovery
Over the last decades, we have seen a revolution in ways the field has taken in conceptualizing ADHD from a non-consequential small problem afflicting some Caucasian boys to a highly morbid, chronic, persistent neurobiological disorder afflicting children and adults around the world. From my clinical and scientific lens, we will take a selective review of this transformative evolution through some of the enormous work that has established its high familiarity, that ADHD is a lifelong condition, and that adult ADHD is a prevalent and valid disorder.
This program is intended for: Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Fellows, Residents, Interns and Nurses
At the end of this presentation participants will be able to:
- Identify the neurobiological basis of ADHD
- Describe the persistence of ADHD across the lifecycle
- Discuss the impact of treatments for ADHD on functional outcomes
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of McLean Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. McLean Hospital is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
McLean Hospital designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact Hours
Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 13, sections 13, 14, 14A, 15 and 15D and Chapter 112, sections 74 through 81C authorize the Board of Registration in Nursing to regulate nursing practice and education.
This program meets the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (244 CMR 5.00) for 1.00 contact hours of nursing continuing education credit. Advance practice nurses, please note: Educational activities which meet the requirements of the ACCME (such as this activity) count towards 50% of the nursing requirement for ANCC accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
This course allows other providers to claim a Participation Certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Participation Certificates will specify the title, location, type of activity, date of activity, and number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ associated with the activity. Providers should check with their regulatory agencies to determine ways in which AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ may or may not fulfill continuing education requirements. Providers should also consider saving copies of brochures, agenda, and other supporting documents.
- 1.00 Psychologists CE Credit
The Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This offering meets the criteria for 1.00 Continuing Education (CE) credits per presentation for psychologists.
Dr. Biederman has the following financial disclosures:
- Royalties: Biomarin, Bracket Global, Cogstate, Ingenix, Medavent Prophase, Shire/Takeda, Sunovion, and Theravance
- Research Support: Genentech, Headspace Inc., Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Roche TCRC Inc., Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Takeda/Shire Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Tris
- Partnership (commercialize a digital health intervention): MEMOTEXT
- Honorarium: Institute of Integrated Sciences – INI (Brazil), Multi-Health Systems, and Tris
- Consulting Fees: Akili, Avekshan LLC, Jazz Pharma, Cowen Healthcare Investments, and Shire/Takeda