Week 2 - Preserving Health and Preventing Illness Through Lifestyle Changes
Participants should be able to understand the following key elements:
- Describe common non-communicable diseases that can be addressed through lifestyle behavioral changes.
- Describe “teachable moments” for lifestyle behavioral changes.
- Describe skills for increasing patient motivation and understand how to implement motivational interviewing skills with a range of patients.
- Describe SMART goal setting and understand how to implement SMART goal setting with a range of patients.
This program is intended for:
- Primary Care Providers
- Specialty Care Providers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Social Workers
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Nurses and Clinical Nurse Practitioners
- Other Allied Health Providers