Week 4 - Optimizing Management of Chronic Illness
Participants should be able to understand the following key elements:
- Describe the biopsychosocial model of chronic illness and challenges related to chronic illness management.
- Define the goals of chronic illness management as to increase quality of life and decrease symptom burden (vs. curative).
- Describe skills to promote adherence to medical treatment and self-care, including problem solving, and understand how to implement skills to promote adherence with a range of patients.
- Describe skills to promote quality of life among patients with chronic illness, including activity scheduling, and understand how to implement activity scheduling with a range of patients.
This program is intended for:
- Primary Care Providers
- Specialty Care Providers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Social Workers
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Nurses and Clinical Nurse Practitioners
- Other Allied Health Providers