VIRTUAL REGISTRATION: Substance Use Disorders: A Comprehensive Review and Update 2024
We invite you to join us Virtually for our Substance Use Disorders: A Comprehensive Review and Update 2024 Conference!
Please Note: The conference will be held in Easter Daylight Time (EDT)
Attend this conference virtually on substance use disorders to hear the latest research and find guidance that enhances your care for patients.
Substance use disorders are complex and have a huge impact on patients, families and communities They challenge even experienced health care professionals to stay current with evolving guidelines. And they are seen and treated across all professions, disciplines and practice settings. This includes primary care, psychiatry, social work, psychology, family practice, nursing and more.
That's why our agenda focuses on a broad update across the spectrum of substance use disorders. Sessions cover everything from neuroscience and developmental perspectives all the way through recovery-oriented systems of care. Our faculty share their experience as both clinical caregivers and research experts. They make time to answer questions and help you find solutions for complex conditions.
You will receive an email communication (to the email registered to your MGH Psychiatry Academy account) as we get closer to the conference date with details on the zoom instructions and attending virtually.
Super Bird Registration (on or before October 31, 2023): $895.00
Early Bird Registration (between November 1, 2023, and January 1, 2024): $995.00
Regular Registration (after January 1, 2024): $1,095.00
Other Professionals or Trainees
Super Bird Registration (on or before October 31, 2023): $795.00
Early Bird Registration (between November 1, 2023, and January 1, 2024): $895.00
Regular Registration (after January 1, 2024): $995.00
The conference occurs live at Disney's BoardWalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. For more information about in-person attendance and the venue, please visit our live registration page:
Substance Use Disorders 2023: Live Registration - Click Here
We provide all attendees with completely free access to all slide presentations in digital PDF format prior to the conference. This is an environmentally friendly alternative and helps keep costs lower for all attendees. The e-syllabus will be available for 30 days after the conference.
A refund minus a $100.00 administrative fee will be issued for refund requests received by January 18, 2024. Payments made may not be applied to future conferences or other educational activities. There are no exceptions to these policies.
Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update & Board Preparation, 4th Edition
Board certification and recertification exams are critical career moments. That is why you should rely on the Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update & Board Preparation, Fourth Edition. It puts our 80+ years of clinical experience at your fingertips to help you prepare for your exam.
This program is intended for:
- General and Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers
Our conference lets you engage dozens of renowned clinician-researchers, get your clinical questions answered, and translate enhanced knowledge into optimal patient care.
Here are some of the ways that participants plan to change their clinical practice as a result of attending our conference:
- Describe the best practices for treatment of substance use disorders
- Discuss how to properly screen and diagnose substance use disorders
- List rational, evidence based pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies for patients with substance use disorders
- Assess relative utility and strengths of recovery oriented models of care
- Assess and treat patients with co-morbid substance use, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, ADHD, pain, and infectious diseases.
- Discuss how to manage complicated withdrawal
- Utilize motivational interviewing, CBT and contingency management techniques when working with patients suffering from substance use disorders
- Describe the effects of and interventions for marijuana and synthetics
- List the different approaches and challenges associated with opioid, alcohol and nicotine treatment
- Discuss the challenges associated with identification and management of substance use disorders in the emergency department